There are a number of forum posts about code hinting not showing up as expected in Flash CS5 documents. There are a number of possibilities about why code hints do not show up, but the following post will collect some troubleshooting tips that may help you out.
- Save your FLA file in an empty folder on your hard drive and restarting Flash. The code hinting cache may not be created if you have too many FLA files saved in the same directory (such as your Desktop or Documents folder).
- If you are using an ActionScript (AS) file: make sure that you have a FLA file open to trigger code hints.
- If you use class libraries and see an icon in the Script edit window (bottom-right corner), try increasing your code hint class limit. See this post on the Flash Blog for more information.
- Reset your code-hint cache using the following steps:
- Quit Flash.
- Delete the following folder:
C:Documents and SettingsusernameLocal SettingsApplication DataAdobeFlash CS5languageConfigurationCodeModel
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CS5/language/Configuration/CodeModel